Here are seven ways our members and others who Love 2 Upcycle have given new life to an old tee:
1. St. Patty's Day is coming~ show your green in an upcycled t-shirt skirt!
2. Upcycled Design Lab has just started an ongoing project with 20 tees she's upcycling~ you can follow her progress on her blog: Reaching for more! Here's her first completed design, a matchbox t-shirt necklace:
3. Did you know you can crochet with t-shirt yarn? Here's some examples of what the yarn can look like:
4. And here's something that can be made from it:
5. Maybe you remember the loop yarn pot holders we made as kids? Here's a crocheted version using t-shirt yarn~ brings back memories doesn't it? And it's handmade instead of mass produced!
|The Goose's Golden Egg|
6. Can you wrap your head around this idea?
But sometimes, it's just time to say "Goodbye" to your old friend~ stained, holey, stretched to it's limits, that t-shirt's gotta go! But wait! We've still got more ways to save it!
7. Dust with it, polish with it, wash with it, dry with it, wipe your nose with it! But, for heaven's sake, don't throw it away until you absolutely have to!
Have a great week, everybody~ and Remember: Don't Waste A Thing!