November 22, 2011

Upcycled Gift Bows & Tags


At the beginning of the month I wrote about Upcycled Gift Wrap Ideas.  This week, I'm going to share some of the trimmings & bows that can accompany your upcycled gift wrap.
During the holidays our sustainable shop offers free gift wrapping, and of course it has to be eco-friendly.  So this year, on my quest to find eco-friendly gift wrap options for a cheap as possible, I complied some great gift ideas to share!

A Classy Tutorial for Burlap Ribbons found on For the Love.

Have extra magazines laying around? Make some magazine bows with this tutorial.

Ruffled Newspaper Ribbon by The Shabby Creek Shop on Etsy

When deciding our shop's gift wrapping, I decided to use this upcycled flat bow for shipping purposes. You can see how I made them here.

You can always skip the bows and decorate the paper yourself, like this hand drawn gift wrap found on Craftzine.com.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Can't forget the gift tags! They are definitely needed to help us remember whose gift is whose, but they can also be beautiful additions to your gift wrap.

Here are some great ideas from our every own Upcyclers shops on Etsy!

Christmas Snowman Red Bandana Fabric Gift Tags by ITSYOURCOUNTRY

Recycled Giftcards created into Upcycled Gift Tags by Almond Works.

 
Making gift tags out of old Christmas cards seem to be the most popular method of creating upcycled holiday gift tags. I used the idea (and my craft punch) to make my own this year.


You can find different shaped recycled Christmas card gift tags all over Etsy, Pinterest and Google. Here are two tutorials on making them:

Punch Out Gift Tags from Greeting Cards, by Crafting a Greener World

Recycled Gift Tags - this post uses post consumer waste like cereal boxes


Here's a few more eco-friendly gift tags finds on Etsy...

Handmade Recycled Paper Gift Tags by Perks by Melissa.

Distressed Chalkboard Gift Tag


Let us know what you are upcycling into gift wrapping this year! And remember to save this year's holiday greeting cards for next season's crafts!

Happy Holidays!

Thanks, Bee
inspired to recycle wood

5 comments:

  1. Great article packed full of awesome green ideas! Thanks for including our gift card holders from Eco Chique Boutique! I can't wait to try some of the tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me excited to wrap presents! I can't wait to get my daughter to make me 100 bows- it's a good thing she has the rest of this week off because of thanksgiving :) Perfect timing!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ideas - especially love the bows at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found you online. Love the concept and looking to make more of my own creations. Great inspiration and beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found us, Michaela, and thank you for the compliments! Best of luck with your upcycled projects!

      Delete