February 28, 2011

Monday Makeover with Upcyclers!

HOW TO LEARN PATIENCE
from Isa & Lucy~ From Waste to Luxury Paper

Very often I get asked how my workshop looks like. The area where I work is like my products in constant change and evolution. There was this place behind the kitchen leading down to my workshop. In desperate need of love and tenderness.




I had plenty of old and broken tiles that I had found when moving to the property. Passionate about giving things a second life - that is also the mantra of my business - I started a project of patience and perseverance.





I have always loved mosaic and can not look often enough at the work of Gaudi. The movement and dynamics that the broken pieces reflect forming a complete new unity has fascinated me ever since.






Originally posted by Isabella on Lucy & Isa ~ From Waste to Luxury Paper...

Isabella is a member of Upcyclers, please browse her shops:










1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful difference it made in your space...I have a pile of tiles that I have tons of ideas for~ including making over a concrete bench in my front yard and an old birdbath. Thanks for sharing this wonderful inspirational project with us! And yes, patience is a virtue we all must have as artists!

    ReplyDelete